Pages

Friday, April 8, 2016

The 20% Project

20% Project Proposal


  • What is your project?
The goal for my project is to promote awareness for the masses of wild horses in need by creating graphite and/or charcoal drawings that I will (hopefully) sell. That profit will go towards various charities involved with helping these horses find good homes and be saved from slaughter. I also will be documenting my journey of caring for and properly training my own horse, a mustang cross that has been abused. I hope that this will help those that are going through the process of caring for, training, and bonding with a horse, especially one that is not very trusting. Also, I am planning on going to various horse training clinics and sanctuaries over the course of the next couple of months while working with my own horse in order to extend my knowledge and be better equipped to help others.
  • Who will work with you?  
I plan to mostly work on my own (if you're not counting my horse), especially with the drawings. I will, however, receive help from my mom who has a lot of knowledge in the area of horses and their training.
  • Who is the audience?
The audience could be anyone, from those that are even slightly interested in horses or drawings to those that are looking to further improve their relationship with their horse or learn more about wild horses.
  • Why is this project worthwhile?
This project is worthwhile because, with over 36,000 mustangs being kept in holding facilities and thousands being sent to slaughter, there is a great need for these horses to at least be talked and thought about more. And the more people that talk about this issue, the greater the chance will be for it to get closer to being solved.
  • What do you expect to learn from this project?
I expect to gain a lot of knowledge in training and rehabilitating horses, as well as become more aware of the needs of wild horses. I also expect to learn a lot more about drawing and different techniques that will further those skills.
  • What product will you have to show at the end of the year?
I plan on having at least 10 finished drawings to show that I will later be attempting to sell.
  • What sort of expenses will be involved?
Although I already own plenty of art supplies, there is always the possibility that I may need more in order to finish this project. Also, the clinics that I plan to attend will cost money, as well as any tack or training equipment that I may purchase in order to further my horses training.
  • What sort of equipment will you need and where will you get it?
I will, of course, need a horse, and as mentioned earlier, I will very possibly need tack or things of the like, which I will get from places like feed stores or online.
  • What is your timeline for completing your project?
I hope to have all 10 drawings completed by the time we are presenting our products.

5 comments:

  1. I love this idea, mostly because I am a huge fan of your artwork, but it is also a very worthwhile cause. What medium will you be using to complete the artwork? I have some Bristol that would be great for graphite or prismacolor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I am planning on using charcoal and graphite, but I might venture into other mediums like pastels or colored pencils. I'm not completely sure yet. As for the paper, I am just using my Strathmore drawing pads so far. But I may have to take you up on your Bristol offer:)

      Delete
  2. This is a very nice blog: easy to read and interesting to me as well. I would love to have a horse, but they are a huge responsibility and I have little practical knowledge. I look forward to reading your blog so I can learn more about training horses, especially wild ones. I can live through you vicariously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Mrs.G, this was very interesting and easy to read. Seeing how easy your post is to read makes me want to change how I present mine.

    ReplyDelete