Reflections
So... to answer the question of how my project is going, I would say well. Kind of. To be honest, the drawing part is slightly (*cough* more than slightly *cough*) stressing me out (unsurprisingly) and is something that I need to start setting aside more time for. I admit that I may have been slightly too ambitious at the start of this project in regards to the number of drawings that I create, so I may have to change that goal a bit. I'm thinking of possibly changing it to at least five drawings or something, just so it is not so overwhelming. But for now I'll just see how it goes with attempting to draw ten, and try not to be too annoyed with myself if that doesn't pan out. But on the brighter side of things, hanging out with the horses/caring/training them is going well so far. Tank, the mustang cross, has been warming up to me and is starting to trust me, which is awesome. Last night, after I put them in their pen, I sat down and hung out with them for a while. He came up and stood in front of me, letting me pet him and eventually he started nuzzling my hair and face. #adorable. He's finally letting his I'm-so-macho-and-always-serious facade slide a bit, so we're getting there. I also went on a walk with him the other day, which is something that I'm hoping to start doing more in order to start getting him back in shape. He we were definitely tired at the end of it. Also, my mom and I are looking forward to the horse training clinic that we're almost-completely-sure that we'll be attending soon. Its being held by Buck Brannaman, who is an amazingly talented horse person. If you're interested, there is a documentary made about him that can be found on Netflix called Buck. I think that anybody, not only horse people, would enjoy it and get something useful from it and I encourage all to check it out. Anyways, I am hoping that I will learn from the clinic and that the knowledge gained will assist me in training my own horse, and make me better equipped to help those who are wanting to do the same with theirs. I think it will.
As for the interaction with my mentor, I feel that it went well and helped me to focus more on not being so afraid to make mistakes, as they are inevitable, and to always have a listening ear. It was also pretty interesting hearing about the different experiences my mom has had with horses that hadn't come up in conversation before.
So, all in all, I'd say that my project is going well, I just may need to adjust it a tad. But other than that, I'm pretty happy with the whole thing so far. I have to say that its pretty fun to run a blog, even if its for school and you're only posting stuff on it once a week. Also, I would just like to say thank you to all who have left comments on my posts, as they are all really nice. Its greatly appreciated:)
Update: Picture!
Update: Picture!
Schmoke and Tank
I will work on getting better pictures and actually uploading them on here.

Love what you're doing with the horses, sounds great. I had to work with a horse that once had a mister-macho attitude and boy, was it difficult!! So I know what it's like. You seem pretty persistent though in letting him know who's boss without frightening him, good job so far.
ReplyDeleteYou are doing a great job and your blog is fun to read. I would like to see some pictures of the horses and/or you working with them. You can embed photos or videos into your blog. Have you finished any drawings yet?
ReplyDeleteMaybe it would help if you set aside a certain time everyday for your drawings, like you would with homework, if you haven't already. I love horses so I can't wait to see how everything turns out! You're doing a good job so far :).
ReplyDeletei really like this idea, i would say setting a certain date and time to work on your blog goals could help things be less stressful.
ReplyDelete